Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pippa Englefield

Sad to note Pippa Englefield, wife of the 'Bopper' and a seafarer herself has crossed the bar on the 11th December. I didn't find out the details until yesterday. Funeral tomorrow,Friday 21st at St.Keverne Parish Church, with refreshments at "The Paris" in Coverack.
Can anyone in Oz who knows Mick Jack please pass this on. I believe Pippa used to go out and stay with him and his family.

Thanks Chris Fuller

Re: Pippa Englefield

I've just sent a text message to Mike Jack but it's after 11 pm in New Zealand so he may not read it until tomorrow. Sad news.

R.I.P. Pippa.

L-R: Barb, Pippa and Kymberley taken a few years ago.

Mike already knew, his wife Barb and eldest daughter Kymberley were there by Pippa's bedside. Mike was unavoidably absent because of work commitments in China. Andy Jackson (Jacko) will be representing the Seadogs-Reunited community at the funeral today. Barb advised that Pippa didn't suffer and slipped away peacefully.

The service of celebration was well attended with standing room only. The eulogy was entertaining. wish i'd known that Jacko was going, I would have looked out for him. I looked out for The General Pete Smith but did not spot him.

HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME ASKING WAS HER MAIDEN NAME SHEEN

Yes, her maiden name was Sheen, her father, ex RN, also sailed for P&O for a while.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY, SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THAT SAILED WITH HERON THE HYMALAYA 1968-69