Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Orsova ,72-73

Hi, anyone off the Orsova from 72?
Also Arcadia 73-late 74,also Canberra world cruise 75,
Would love to hear and exchange old stories

Re: Orsova ,72-73

My wife, Eveline Maas, was on Orsova from 1971 to May 72.

See her photos at: Eve's Memories

Greg

I Sailed on The Orsova from 1969 until she went for scrap in 1973. I was PRS and then a barman.

I was also on The Oronsay for 1 trip and then Arcadia from 1974.

Dear Greg,
I remember your wife from The Orsova. Carol and Sue also. Carol was from Manchester.
The blonde WAP with your wife was actually Clare the D.J. She was very friendly with one of the SAP'S. Mr. Phillips, I think his name was David. I worked The bars Tourist Ballroom and Verandah Bar with Lurch.
Loved all the lovely photos.
Phil Jackson

Phil, She still looks the same! I met her on Oriana in 73 when I was 2nd leckie.

Phil the mention of Lurch brought back memories of working with him on PACIFIC PRINCESS. I believe he left the sea and was running a pub in London (World's End I think). Trying to remember his real name David ?

Hi David,
Lurch's real name was David Westwood.He had a pub near Colchester and then he moved to Braintree.
I lost touch after that. I think he retired back to Maldon.

Phil

Great to see the best Verandah barman is still going strong! Magic balancing the serving tray in 'rough weather' and spot on with the amount of water to serve a great scotch! Cheers Phil and thank you.