Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
R.I.P. Dave Whitehand

It's with HUGE sadness that I have to pass on the news that has just been told to me by Kevin Timms (Blackfoot's lifelong friend) that Dave passed away on Friday morning (UK time). If there was ever an absolute one off guy with an amazing sense of humour and someone loved by everyone he ever met it was David Whitehand.

More to follow :-(

Re: R.I.P. Dave Whitehand

Does anybody have a clue to whom Dave's relatives are referring to known only by nicknames Huey and Pongo?

RIP Blackfoot, one of the greats.

One of the greats, sadly missed. There's a great photo on this website of Dave and me in a bemused pose.

That is the saddest news I have heard this year.
Dave was one of the funniest, friendliest men I have ever worked with.
In his work he was good and efficient, and he livened up any gathering he was at by his sense of humour and antics.
Another great gone.

Thanks Steve

Steve

It's with HUGE sadness that I have to pass on the news that has just been told to me by Kevin Timms (Blackfoot's lifelong friend) that Dave passed away on Friday morning (UK time). If there was ever an absolute one off guy with an amazing sense of humour and someone loved by everyone he ever met it was David Whitehand.

More to follow :-(

Just heard the sad news of the passing of Blackfoot, even though its been over 40yrs since we enjoyed each others company, it only seems like yesterday that we were sharing an Allsops Lager and having a laugh. A top bloke with a great sense of humour, RIP Dave.

Big shock on opening the forum today to be meet with Dave's happy face followed by this sad news.
Great guy who helped me greatly settle in on the big O by firstly showing me where all the polarity change over switches where as no one told me I had to do it after my first duty night.
RIP Dave.