Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Cruise

Did anyone in the UK watch “The Cruise” last night on TV ?
It’s filmed on the Royal Princess and last night showed a hotel Engineer water jetting a sewage tank in full PPE & breathing mask which is the way it should be done.
Struck me the way our “Farm” workers used to do it in the past with a pair of paper overalls, wellies and knotted rag on the head if they were lucky.
Remember one watch keeper removing some crud from a Mowbray float switch with a screwdriver and later on stirring his tea with it, after he wiped it on his overalls of course. ……how things have changed for the better

Where are you from: Barrow

Re: The Cruise

As I said in a recent previous post. "Those wonderful days have gone".

Where are you from: Bilgola Plateau - Sydney Northern Beaches

It used to be a Friday ritual day work electrician cleaning the crud off the 3 float switches, assisted by a greaser... Same screwdriver technique I seem to recall, but we did have the luxury of a bottle brush... If the outlet was really blocked then there was trouble... Fortunately that was mechanical!!

Where are you from: Saundersfoot Pembrokeshire

Yes, then it was up to us and I don't remember any white paper overalls.

Where are you from: Bilgola Plateau - Sydney Northern Beaches

Nope, no white paper overalls, just your own cotton boilersuit, which soaked up any stray "liquid" very well!

Where are you from: Nuneaton