Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gathering at the Orient in Sydney

A number of us are having a get together at The Orient Hotel in The Rocks in Sydney next Monday 28th October. Some of us are ex Oronsay mariners but attending will be others from Oriana and Canberra. Anyone else within transport distance of the venue are all welcome to attend. We are aiming for 1300 as a few are coming from the Southern Highlands by train. Bring your photos and memorabilia with you and "LETS ROCK THE ORIENT".

Re: Gathering at the Orient in Sydney

You can see the full size of the photo above with all the names and there's another photo with some partners if you click HERE.

I seriously considered going but with only one week's notice flights and accommodation near the rocks was going to cost around $1500 for a couple of nights which is a very expensive afternoon on the piss. There was the much cheaper option of a 10 bed shared mixed dorm in a backpacker's nearby which did sound rather interesting if I'd been 40 years younger but you never know your luck, maybe I've still got the charm. HaHaHa!!!

Maybe the next one in six months time Steve :) Once date is decided I will let you know.

Thanks for posting the photo of the reunion it was great trying to identify the old sea dogs in the photo without reading the names.Its about 35yrs since I left the sea , people have changed some did look familiar . Hope you all enjoyed your reunion. Take Care
Regards Colin

By god, I would have never recognised not a one of you.
And here is me unchanged nearly 50 years later.(and 10 stone heavier) lol.

At least Greg will have an up to date photo to paste into his avatar now, and here was me thinking people don't grow older in the land of Oz.

Thanks for noticing Don. I was a ring in thanks to Ken Worsfold thinking of me. I was from a time a few years before most of the others, therefore a few years older than most.

It was a very pleasant afternoon.

Don Cole
At least Greg will have an up to date photo to paste into his avatar now, and here was me thinking people don\\'t grow older in the land of Oz.
Don. That Avatar was cropped from the photo of me with Bill McCandless, taken in when we met up in 2006. You can find the photo in my Seadogs section. I'm still good looking though.