Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paul Robinson (aka Bleee)

Now that's a pizza.

Paul with Kevin Timms and Geordie John Atkinson. I had a lengthy chat with Kevin today reminiscing about the old days with Paul.

A photo to prove he did work occasionally and wasn't always in a pristine white boiler suit.

L-R: John Hammond, Mark Sawyer, Steve Musson and Bleee.

Mark and I are going to catch up in a Perth pub soon to have a yarn and a few coldies in Paul's honour.

Greg Sinclair asked the question where did the name Bleee come from and Ken Worsfold has kindly emailed me the answer. "I see you are in the dark as to how Paul got his nickname, he was a very hairy bloke so we called him Baloo after the bear in Jungle Book and later Baloo became Blue and later still someone corrupted it to Bleee."

Paul, Baloo, Blue, Bleee Robinson we love you and your good natured humour and all round beautiful person memories will live on in our hearts forever.

Steve

Now that\'s a pizza.

Paul with Kevin Timms and Geordie John Atkinson. I had a lengthy chat with Kevin today reminiscing about the old days with Paul.

A photo to prove he did work occasionally and wasn\'t always in a pristine white boiler suit.

L-R: John Hammond, Mark Sawyer, Steve Musson and Bleee.

Mark and I are going to catch up in a Perth pub soon to have a yarn and a few coldies in Paul\'s honour.

Greg Sinclair asked the question where did the name Bleee come from and Ken Worsfold has kindly emailed me the answer. \"I see you are in the dark as to how Paul got his nickname, he was a very hairy bloke so we called him Baloo after the bear in Jungle Book and later Baloo became Blue and later still someone corrupted it to Bleee.\"

Paul, Baloo, Blue, Bleee Robinson we love you and your good natured humour and all round beautiful person memories will live on in our hearts forever.

Very sad news indeed, a true Blue Pompey Boy, fine raconteur and superb wind-up merchant, who will be missed by all, sincere condolences to Gill and the family.
A few people have quizzed the name Blee, I'm fairly certain with the help of more than a few cold frothies, Oaksey and Jacko had a hand in that !
The photo of the Al Jolson impersonators was the result of a major failure of one of the Big O's Boiler FD Fans, thankfully from memory I was the 2nd Duty Leckie, so I dodged a bullet and manned the Fort while others 'turned to' to fix it !
Say hello to 'Blackfoot' for us Blue.

So sorry to hear this news. I didn't know Paul myself but as I mentioned earlier, I have calcification of the lungs due to asbestos inhalation, so its only a metter of time. I'm 73 now but still going strong.

I've just received the following information from Paul's wife Gill via Ken Worsfold about Bleee's funeral and wake...

"Just to let you know the date of Paul's funeral is the 21st February 2020 at the Oaks Havant Crematorium, Bartons Road, Havant, Hampshire PO95NA at 4.00 pm and then at the The Crown Inn, Emsworth, 8 High Street, Emsworth, Hampshire, PO107AW, no flowers please, love Gill".

Thanks Steve