Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cliff Perry

I am sure many will remember this cheeky but very likable cruise director who has died far too young sadly...

Derek Warmington advises;

I am sorry to have to advise that Cliff Perry died in the United States on Wednesday. He was 70 and had been in poor health for some time.

Cliff was a Cruise Director, initially with P&O Cruises and then with Princess Cruises, before transferring into management ashore with Princess. He then left to join Disney Cruises as their Head of Entertainment.

I am advised that it was his wish that there be no funeral, that his ashes should be scattered at sea and that a party be held to remember him by. This is being organised by Disney.

Re: Cliff Perry

Remember Cliff as a barman on the Oronsay. He was great friends with Rosie East Hygate and I initially learnt of his passing from a posting by Rosie a couple of days ago. Of recent years Cliff was Head/Director of Entertainment for Silverseas Cruises and lived in Florida with his wife Ann. RIP Cliff.

I remember Cliff getting all the passengers to raise their hands during a blackout in the Med. He explained to them ( in a Chineese accent) that "many hands make light work"!
RIP Cliff

I have known Cliff almost three quarters of my life and his passing grieves me beyond words. He and Ann were my dearest, dearest friends and I will be attending his memorial in Orlando on Saturday 8th December. He reached heights of success in his career that he never dreamed possible when he was on Oronsay....in those days he was the bar tender and I was the disco dolly....he was so talented but above all I will miss his humour....one of the funniest men I have ever met. Life will never be quite the same without him. Remember him well and pray for Annie.

I was very sorry to hear about the death of Cliff Perry, I heard some time ago that he was in ill health. I knew Ciff during the 60's and 70's and he was indeed a great wit, he could always come up with a funny line even when life was at it's toughest. He must have been to sea many times already even then, as I recall going to his mum Vera's house one day and the lounge being filled with the foreign dolls that he'd brought back from his travels.

My condolences go out to his wife and all of his children who must be finding this time very difficult indeed.