Open Forums

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.

Forum: Seadogs Forum
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Ken Hobbs

Sorry to report the passing of a well respected fellow Seadog Ken Hobbs . He passed away in the early hours of Saturday morning 26th Oct . Had email from his daughter ..Ken was well liked and a good friend to many Seadogs. Sorry no other details.

Where are you from: Wigton England

Email  
Re: Ken Hobbs

Sad News ...

I took the liberty of passing the information over to the Facebook Site
(Seadogs-Reunited again)

Where are you from: Originally, North Yorkshire. Now, Indianapolis, Indiana.

Email  

Ken Hobbs was a good Chief. I don't think I ever recall seeing him without a smile on his face. I didn't know him as a person, being only 4/E but he seemed a good bloke. He was not one of those interfering Chiefs. If everything was going OK he was happy it seemed.

Where are you from: Yorks

Email  

He was a lovely man with very rarely a bad word for anyone.He had a wonderful sense of humour and was liked by everyone he came in contact with whether at sea or ashore. He was the best friend I ever made at sea during his last appointment aboard SUN PRINCESS.
My thoughts and wishes go out to Audrey and daughter Ros.

Sorry to hear of Ken's passing, he was indeed a nice bloke, and not full of his own self importance as so many of his rank appeared to be.

Where are you from: Barrow

Email  

Sorry to hear about Ken - he was a nice bloke. I have a few photos of him presenting me with a present and a key made by engineers on my 21st birthday.

Where are you from: South Wales

Email  

I have now received details for Ken's funeral. The funeral is at Barham Crematorium, Canterbury Road (A260) Barham, near Canterbury, Kent CT46QU. Tel: 01227831351. It will be @ 1240hrs Friday 7th Nov 2014 then at Ken and Audrey's home at Cherry House Lay Lane, Ash Kent CT32BQ. I hope this notification helps.

Email  

A great Chief Engineer to sail with. RIP Ken

Where are you from: QLD, Australia

Email  

Sorry to hear of the passing of Ken Hobbs.
A good Chief and true Gentleman.
As a 3rd on the SP, I recall Ken marking off his DTR tally (Days To Retirement) on the blackboard in the Engine Control Room every morning during his last trip at sea.
RIP Mr Hobbs

Where are you from: origianlly Sunderland, now Johannesburg

Email  

Hi Chris, yes I was there, quite a busy cruise as I remember.
Do you know who put a complete layer of Jeyes toilet paper boxes in the top of his case for customs to find in Puerto Rico ?
Also remember the retirement party he had for the lads in his cabin and we all turned up in BI kilts and mess kit.
I had a call from the night purser letting me know that there were a number of Engineers walking around in towels and mess kit at 1 in the morning. I just said that would be OK and turned over !!

Best Chief I ever sailed with. RIP Ken Hobbs

Where are you from: Nuneaton

Email