Open Forum

Please feel free to start or join in the post discussions but be aware that anonymous posts and posts that are deemed totally unacceptable will be deleted and you may be banned from posting in the future.
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bush Fires

A happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you Colin and all Seadogs, old and new.

Dear Colin and TB,
Thanks for your kind thoughts. Living in Mittagong we are between two very big fires and its been extremely hot and dry . The main road between Sydney and Melbourne has also been closed when its dangerous . Janet and I are OK and we thank you all for your concern . Happy New Year to all I sailed with from Downunder.
Glen

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2678918345519912&set=a.377762568968846&type=3&theater&comment_id=2678975525514194¬if_t=feedback_reaction_generic¬if_id=1578308687094349

This graphic really shows us what you are up against.
Fire almost half the size of England.
Yet people laugh at the young girl activist Greta.

Australia contributes 1% of the world's greenhouse gas emissions. How could that create climate change? The earth is 4.7 Billion years old and the climate has been changing all that time. There is precious little that man can do to stop it.

Greg, Country boundaries are man made. It doesn't matter how much pollution an individual makes, it is the gross total that affects us.
So Trumps 30 % is divided among us all.
All it means is that he is killing everyone else faster.
The USA and China are like having chain smokers, on Capstan Full Strength, in a closed cabin with a bunch of non smokers.
They are killing everyone, as well as themselves.

I agree with most of what you say Geoff. However it is therefore illogical for Gretta and the dopey celebrities to say that our bushfires are due to Australia's climate change actions.