Return to Website

The Recovery Group Community Message Board

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Overeater Needs Help

Hello.

My name is Sarah. I am 19, almost 20 and I have realized that I am an overeater. I eat when I'm not even hungry. I need serious help. I did some research and ended up here. Please contact me and help me? I'm so ready to get better.

Re: New Overeater Needs Help

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to OA. Welcome home. You're not alone anymore. In OA you will find other compulsive eaters on the journey of recovery.
The Recovery Group (www.therecoverygroup.org) has many resources to help COE's (compulsive overeaters), from sharing loops and seminars to online meetings every 3 hours, 7 days a week, around the clock, around the world.
As a newcomer, you might want to start our Newcomer's orientation, beginning on the first day of every month. To join, just send a blank email to OANewcomers-subscribe-request@lists.therecoverygroup.org, and you're in.
The only requirement for membership in OA (and TRG) is the desire to stop compulsive (over)eating.
Welcome home :-)
David

I am in the same boat as you except every 2 hours (or less) I'm "hungry" but I know I truly can't be really hungry. Welcome. Today is my 3rd day on the program and so far I'm doing much better. I just ordered the 12&12 OA book on amazon, and I think that may help you if you don't already have it.

Thanks for sharing with us, Brittany.
It's good to know that I'm not alone.
David