Return to Website

The Recovery Group Community Message Board

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
oa meetings

Hi! I am in desperate need and want help. I am attending AA and been clean and sober 18 yrs. Perhaps I do not need to tell you that but I know that it works.

I believe I have switch addictions. However, I can not find a meeting where I live. I live in Panama City Beach, fl zip code is 32408. I did send email to oawso with no response back.

For me, I just really having a big problem and I do not know who can help and I do know when the hand of aa reaches out it has always been there.

I attened OA many years ago when I was active duty Navy.

I realize this is a lengthy letter but please help me. I believe I have it bottom

Peace in the program

Barb B

Are you a member of TRG? no

Email  
Re: oa meetings

Hi Barb,

I'm David, The Recovery Group's message board coordinator. I'm really glad that you reached out and found us - you're not alone. There are compulsive eaters around the world working the OA 12 Step program of recovery and using online resources like those offered here at The Recovery Group (TRG). Your message was not long, and I personally think that hitting bottom is the best place from where to start the OA journey.

You might want to join our Newcomers Orientation workshop which begins on the first day of every month. Here you will learn about the basics of the OA 12 program, and resources available to you. To join the next round, just send a blank email to: OANewcomers-subscribe-request@lists.therecoverygroup.org

Another outlet for many compulsive overeaters (and undereaters) are online meetings. You can find an online meeting for compulsive eaters here: http://www.starchat.net/chat/?chan=OARecovery - the meetings last for an hour and take place at 12, 3, 6 and 9 - AM and PM - (Eastern USA times).

Keep Coming Back,
David

Are you a member of TRG? Yes

Email  

hi david
I need an online meeting or telephone meeting.
I am an AA member . I need help with the food
and thinking about the food obcessively .
thank you
caroline

Email  

Hi,I CANNOT GET INTO STARCHAT ROOMS.
IM NOT P.C. SAVVY, BUT I DO REMEMBER HAVING DIFFICULTY ACCESSING THIS SITE FEW MONTHS AGO

THANK YOU
CAROLINE

Email  

Caroline,
I just checked again, and my link works: http://www.starchat.net/chat/?chan=OARecovery
If this link is NOT working for you, then the might be an issue with JAVA on your computer, and you may have to run an update for this.
Another option is downloading free software (really free with no ads!!!) to run the chat room. It's called "STARMIRC", and you can find it on the bottom left hand side of this page: http://www.starchat.net/starchat.php
Hope this helps,
David

Are you a member of TRG? Yes

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com