Return to Website

The Recovery Group Community Message Board

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Looking for Support

Hi. I just need some support from someone who isn't my mom and whom I'm not paying (my therapist). Both are great, but I still feel so very alone. I've cleared out those people who aren't supportive, but I haven't filled in the space with loving support. The only one who I know truly cares for no reason other than simply caring is a boyfriend I broke up with but then reached out to out of sheer desperation. He wants to stay together, so I know that depending on him is just keeping him from being able to move on. He's a great guy, and I hope one day we'll be friends, but it won't work as a relationship. I know that, though he doesn't. I don't want to hurt him, but I know this is not good for him. I was just desperate I didn't know what else to do.

I am new to these sorts of groups - I think OA or the creative group or the depression group will be best for me. Maybe an anxiety one, since that seems to drive the other things.

I'm going to look for a meeting in Culver City area. But I just needed to know I'm not alone. I have a friend who does these meetings a lot, and it has really helped him - he suggested that if I just go to a meeting and get the phone list and start to get support, just say I need some support from someone who understands, I'll feel better. This is my first step.

Thanks!

Email  
Re: Looking for Support

Hi Angie,
David here, COE and TRG's message board coordinator.
Welcome home! You are not alone. Here you are among others who share the disease of compulsive eating, and who come her to be a part of the solution, one day at a time.
I hope you do join a couple of online sharing loops, they have helped so many people, I'm sure you'll meet many people there. A point of warning, some of the loops are more active than others. If you sign up for a loop which is kind of quiet, try some others. Also, some loops are VERY active, and the amount of emails can be overwhelming. Basically, there's something for everyone.
I'm really glad you found us.
David

Are you a member of TRG? Yes, of course

Email  
Re: Looking for Support

It sounds like you're really alone. It's healthy that you're reaching out for support. Do you attend any face-to-face meetings?

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains