Return to Website

The Recovery Group Community Message Board

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
eating and emotions are out of control and i need help

I'm getting-no I AM desperate and need help. I'm in a scarey dark place tonight. I joined the newcomers program but was overwhelmed and don't know where to start again but I really need some help tonight.

Are you a member of TRG? yes

Email  
Re: eating and emotions are out of control and i need help

Hi Hope,
I'm David, a Compulsive Overeater (COE) grateful for the opportunity to be here to help you today. I and The Recovery Group's (TRG) Message Board Coordinator, and it is in this capacity that I'm writing to you.
Firstly, know that you are not alone. I and many others have felt your despair and we have come to OA and are enjoying relief from this disease - one day at a time.
The Newcomers orientation is a great program, but I know that it can often be overwhelming with a large number of emails and "assignments". Don't worry - you don't have to do it all. You won't be evicted from TRG or from OA if you don't do the program. All you need is a desire to stop the compulsive eating, and to keep coming back.
Many newcomers find that meetings are a good place to start and get a feel of the program. A full list of face-to-face meetings can be found at www.oa.org. There's also a list of online and phone meetings there as well. I go to online meetings held here: http://www.starchat.net/chat/?chan=OARecovery. The meetings are every 3 hours, 7 days a week - at 12,3,6 and 9 - AM and PM - EST (that's Eastern USA).
Come along and just keep coming back. I know about that scary dark place. I've been there before, and I don't want to go back, so I go to meetings. It would be great if you would come too.
David

Are you a member of TRG? Yes, of course

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Email Forms   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com