Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ruby/Pearl Mk11 Windscreen Glass

I am in the process of refurbishing the windscreen on our 1938 Pearl.
I've had the frame re-chromed, purchased new, improved external seal from Austin 7 Workshop and internal u channel seal from COH Baines.
The glass however is somewhat scratched by diamond rings or why. A local windscreen repair guy is having a go at polishing out the scratches at an estimate of £60 but with no guarantee.
This led me to contact Pilkington Glass who have a classic car department: www.pilkington.com/en-gb/uk/automotive/classic-car-glass. They have quoted ~£168 for one off or ~£150 for ten off, with a £25 delivery charge to anywhere in UK.
Is anyone willing to join me in getting the quantity up to 10 or more?

Re: Ruby/Pearl Mk11 Windscreen Glass

Most of the big windscreen companies can supply flat glass cut to size. Agricultural vehicles have flat glass and frequently break it so it's worth their while doing it.
I had one for a big Daimler I used to own. They collected the frame and returned it next day with glass fitted. It was few years ago and I don't remember what it cost or who it was. I was very satisfied though.