Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Garage Insulation

I have found Celotex for £12.87 inc. Vat at RGB which is only 4 miles away. I will post results when I have fitted them

Hi Nick

what are the measurements of the door?

Nick Borst-Smith
Stuart Palmer
Clearly Nick, the only fitting solution in your play room, are three heating / airconditioning units, one over each door, providing an air curtain much like shops often have. (I know Nick's Motor House and garage is far too coarse a term for it!) He muttered suffering garage envy!

Stuart

Popping out to his H&S nightmare hole, to look at someones engine for an hour....
Stuart that is a brilliant solution, actually combined with triple glazed bi-fold doors.........umm

Ok so a serious suggestion.... in some commertial workshops they have a curtain of 8" wide vertical strips of heavy plastic which you can just walk through or drive a car through.

The foil backed insulation is called Cellatex or similar. Unfortunately Nicks doors roll up at the top, so you cant add any significant thicknes to them. It would work well to insulate the roof, although in effective thickness' it is quite expensive.

The gold and silver "space blanket" plastic film stuck to the inside of the door would stop the drafts through the door itself.

Found a much cheaper solution - going to be 34C here today!

Tony.