Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Mk1 Ruby van?

He is, jon. Ruaridh, I'm interested in those records too.

Hi Folks
As the previous owner (some of you will know that) I had some years enjoying driving this around. I also enjoyed owning something so unusual. Driving an Austin Seven with room in the back was also very novel!
Both my wife and I were sorry to see it go, but with a Box saloon and a newly restored Ruby, I was running out of room, and I can't drive everything at the weekend! It was beginning to suffer, and I felt it was time someone else had some fun driving a van.
I won't go into the realms of 'originality', suffice to say there are an awful lot of 'original' Sevens running around that first appeared as 'replica's'. But who cares? An Austin Seven is an Austin Seven, no matter what body it has on it. Wasn't the first Lotus nothing but a 'replica sports'?
Let's enjoy our Sevens. Best of luck to whoever gets her, you will get lots of admiring looks when you drive her down the road!
Tatty Box Bill

Dave Prior
Ruaridh, I'm interested in those records too.

Will let you know if anything comes of my request, particularly interested in chassis number sold to GE and AC Pearl production numbers.

Bill Cordwell
I won't go into the realms of 'originality', suffice to say there are an awful lot of 'original' Sevens running around that first appeared as 'replica's'. But who cares? An Austin Seven is an Austin Seven, no matter what body it has on it. Wasn't the first Lotus nothing but a 'replica sports'?

I don't think anyone is criticising your old Van or what it is Bill, the seller's description could be seen as slightly oblique and it is this that has raised the questions for sure. Any savvy seller will do their research and avoid the word original these days, those long-in-the-game dealers provide some rather fun and TIC descriptions - these appeal to me enormously.

Bill.

I thinks its ace. Id sooner have that van than the racy special I have.

Hi Hedd
Don't knock your special - I always fancied a Cambridge! Instead I got an Arrow (the earliest known, I believe). A Friday afternoon Austin Seven if ever there was one! The AA got to know the car almost as well as I did!!! Happy days.....

Mines a Stiletto. Goes like stink. but I cant put bags of coal in the back

Ian Sly
A friend bought a RN off this vendor. More Ruby than RN. Friend doesn't seem too
bothered. It's still an Austin 7 (of mixed parentage!)

That would be me!
I wanted a usable car that my two bearded collies would fit in. It has quite a few Ruby bits and pieces; engine, gearbox, prop, back axle, dash panel and wheels. Wheels are being replaced with correct 19".
I found the vendor to be very helpful. He delivered the car for me from Dover to Worcestershire, which was a relief.
As for the naming convention from that vendor, my car has its name sign-written on the bonnet side, so it was previously named.
Unfortunately shortly after I started using the car the crown wheel and pinion gave up the ghost, but it's nearly all back together now. At least the job was easier than the RK Axle I had to do a couple of years ago.

It's good to be back.

Roly

Good to see you have another Seven Roly - good luck with the repairs.

As a general point, professional motor traders are governed by some pretty serious consumer protection legislation these days.

The eBay auction was finished early because the item was lost or broken.

Ruairidh Dunford
The eBay auction was finished early because the item was lost or broken.

Easily done. How many of us haven't lost or broken a car at some time or other.

Martin
i would say that you are being facetious

Derek Sheldon
Martin
i would say that you are being facetious

What, ME?