Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Special on eBay

Here's an interesting one IMHO
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Austin-Seven-7-Special-Recreation-Racer-Tourer-/272042430533?hash=item3f56fe1045:g:G68AAOSw~bFWQlcN

Re: Special on eBay

That's nice.

Love the wooden wings, something needs to be done for the rear wings though.

Tony

I agree and I can only see one rear light on the N/S?

Here's a pair of rear wings I made for a pal with an Ulster, whether they'd go with the front ones is a question of taste!

Spotted this when it was at 99p and by the time I had read the description and looked at the photos the price had already jumped quite a bit. The steering wheel looks to have quite a high position, would be interested in seeing the dash and seating. Not to sure re the payment process, but looks like an interesting car.

Does it run though no top hose!

Not to sure about the cost of some of his other items or am I missing something.

I thi9nk that those front wings may be dual purpose. Nobbly tyres on the back, front wings get fixed to the front tyres , there you go snow mobile

Seems to be up for 8500 on carandclassic now too...

What sort of money do these go for? Is the price on Ebay representative of the perceived value of a special? I ask because I'll need to sell mine when it is finished to fund the next one. If these prices are to be expected then I could fund 2 rebuilds!

DVLA state "vehicle details could not be found" so no V5c…no mention of document in the ad ?

Rob Thomas
What sort of money do these go for? Is the price on Ebay representative of the perceived value of a special? I ask because I'll need to sell mine when it is finished to fund the next one. If these prices are to be expected then I could fund 2 rebuilds!

I am constantly amazed at the price these seem to make.

Dont get me wrong, I have a special. Its fibreglass and plywood, I didnt build it, but its nicely, if simply built.

but some of the specials I see are terrible, this one is no different.

No fan belt, no rad hose, missing bolt in the exhaust to manifold connection.

The headlights are fixed to what appear to be those horrid pressed shelf brackets you used to be able to buy in B&Q

The builder couldn't figure out how to cut down (or replace) the ruby nosecone.

without wishing to sound too sarcastic, this is top quality *****

What kind of muppet fits front mudguards but not rears?

with respect to price. If the bidding gets much more stupid you could have bought my special twice!.

Mine was nominally on the road. Had a V5 (as a Special) on a transferable 3+3 number, ran and drove!. It was far from perfect and broke down on the way home, but it was sensibly priced.

yeah, but the guy driving it has one of those pricey jackets and a great hat, so ergo it MUST be excellent!

Marketing, innit.

Hedd Jones

the kind of muppet who only has one spare pair of water skis

Haven't noticed that they were water skis,looks ridiculous ,take skis off and I reckon it's a nice looking car.
Regards blind as a bat Cliff

It takes all sorts, I quite like the water skis, gives it a GE Brooklands / lotus 7 feel, the binding on the steering wheel also appeals.

Andrew Cooke
Hedd Jones

the kind of muppet who only has one spare pair of water skis

From the height of the seat I'd be worried about sliding out the door when going around a sharp left hander!