Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RH insurance

I have just been told that I have no Insurance by the Police, after a pull !! dispite renewing it in September as I thought, second time in two years R.H.haven`t done the renewal although they have had the paperwork back two months ago ??

It's worth using www.askmid.com to check it is showing as in insured on the motor insurers database. Saves a load of hassle if insurer has not updated the database and you are stopped by police after an anpr check.

I was stopped some years ago in my modern for no insurance when I knew I had renewed a week before and having received the new certificate which was at home. I was able to produce it at the local Police Station later that day but, since then, I always keep checking AskMID when I renew any of the insurances until it shows as renewed. They normal show that same day - but not always.

Steve

I have received a letter from the MID saying I am not insured, just like Dave Cochrane did. The difference being that I HAD paid my renewal. RH are looking into it for me now.

Completely separately I had the same happen with a totally different insurer with my camper van. The problem appears to be with the insurer having to go and input the new policy details onto the MID, which they are failing to do in some instances.

I will report later on the outcome of today's investigation.