Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RP 9338

Does anyone happen to know if RP 9338 survives/lives on as an Austin 7 ?.

If so, I have something of interest for the current owner.

Thanks
Paul.

Re: RP 9338

Well the registration RP 9338 is neither on the A7CA chassis register of known surviving Austin 7's nor the DVLA database - it could of course have been sold abroad and therefore no longer carry that registration number or it could be lying in someones garage / barn waiting to be discovered. If you happened to have the cars chassis number, you could key that into the chassis register to see if it exists under a different registration number, otherwise it would seem your enquiry has hit a dead end.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Hi Jeff

Many thanks for your reply and suggestion.

I do have the chassis number, it being - 113833 Date of original registration-30.07.30.

I'm not sure where I would use this info to take this further.

Could you point me in the right direction please ?

Paul

Hi Paul,

I've keyed your chassis number into the A7CA chassis register, but unfortunately it too isn't on the register of surviving 7's. The chassis number you give would suggest the car would have been built in very early July of 1930.

The A7CA chassis register is below with search boxes for Registration Number and Chassis Number.

http://a7ca.org/chassis-register/

If you scroll down the above page you'll find various clickable links to download Spreadsheets of all the known Austin 7's - 'By Chassis Number', 'By Registration Number', 'By Model' etc. These spreadsheets were last updated 1st November 2015 and are regularly updated by the A7CA Registrar as 'new' Austin 7's come to light.

When were you last aware of the cars existence? was this recent or back in the 1950's / 60's ?

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England