Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 75/Speedy survival?

Ruairidh is correct, I run the Speedy/75 register, currently with 16 known extant cars. We managed to get nine cars together at the 1992 70th Anniversary Rally in Longbridge. There are also two replicas in production, one very nearly complete in the UK and one in Japan. If you need more info, by all means email me.

Really interested to see if anyone can show any light on the Guernsey Speedy as I lived in Guernsey until 1984. A friend of mine worked part time at the Guernsey motor museum & I remember seeing the car described as a 'Super Speedy' I'm not sure when the museum closed but would think about 1982, but do remember looking at the Speedy at the time of closure. Showing an interest in it with no knowledge in Austin 7's I was told that the owner was happy to sell it, but was looking for £350! A bit much for me at the time...... The only other thing I can tell you is it was green!

Wow. Thats about £1400 in todays money....

Yes Jon, and I would be happy to pay the £1400 for it now! The price wasn't confirmed by the owner so could have been Chinese whispers. Mind you, I bought a Mk1 mini cooper 997 about this time for £175. I guess that would be worth a bit more than £700 today.

D