Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Brake Linings

Hi Bill, As you will have noticed bob was of on a tangent on is last post, also saying that I might be playing games.
What I was trying to get across is that there is no need to use doubtfull methods when it can be machined properly.

Ps,I served my time engine reconditioning in the Late 50s when white metal bearings and mechanical brakes were still around,and have been involved in Engineering ever since

I LOVE it.....keeping our heads down, here in the Mother Country, watching all you Colonials slug it out.

Not sure Vince Leek and Ian Dunford fit the description of colonials ?

Tony.

Vince et al. The only reason I've become involved, when others have given up trying for a couple of years,is to hopefully eliminate everyone having to plough through excessive and irrelevant nonsense to find when/if Walter Mitty has made more errors. Most have advised me to ignore his submissions as they do, and I would have taken that advice but for one important thing. The number of times he's given incorrect/out of date information is legion and this is a danger to newcomers. These newbies don't need expensive mistakes and the possibility of losing interest in Sevens. Be assured that even when our friend has not been corrected on the Forum, the enquirers have been contacted directly via email to steer them out of trouble - and I've been made aware of plenty of examples. My main problem now is the time taken to read the emails of support that still keep coming in! Apologies for the lengthiness of all this.
Tony - I have an A7-related magazine photo of a bearded man trudging down a road with the caption "The wild Colonial Boy". It looks suspiciously like Ian Dunford to me!
Cheers, Bill in Oz

Bill,

Tony - I have an A7-related magazine photo of a bearded man trudging down a road with the caption "The wild Colonial Boy". It looks suspiciously like Ian Dunford to me!

After re examining the pictures I have of Ian - I think I have to agree- Ned Kelly would be envious!

Tony.

Bill Sheehan
Vince et al. The only reason I've become involved, when others have given up trying for a couple of years,is to hopefully eliminate everyone having to plough through excessive and irrelevant nonsense

But Bill, please look through this thread.... You have actually increased, rather than eliminated, the irrelevant nonsense. Leave it alone. If you don't like someone's comments just ignore them, please.

Sorry Andrew, but I can recall only two supports for Bob's irrelevancies. And both of them are from you. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Will you lot grow up please? It's like Bill & Ben, the Flowerpot Men!

Bill & Bob?

Tony.

Sure as hell I'm never going to buy a Jowett

Duncan Grimmond
Will you lot grow up please? It's like Bill & Ben, the Flowerpot Men!

You are missing the point Duncan, Bill and others make some very valid comments about many of Bobs postings being wildly misleading to the uninitiated seven owner. Yet for trying to highlight this to newer and less experienced owners they are being portrayed as the bad guys! Would you rather these comments are left to stand and trip the unwary? I myself have tried to ask Bob not to make his opinions and theories sound like they are a statement of fact, something Bob has chosen to ignore. At one time I thought that Bobs comments were simply the blinkered, misguided, opinions of a man who had bitter memories of running a worn out seven on a shoe string in the 1950's. I now believe that he actually relishes stirring the pot and trying to get a rise out of the likes of Bill, either way I see it is damaging to the forum. Which is a shame Bob obviously reads a lot, and could probably contribute positively if only he could refrain from all the bigoted BS.