Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Alf Palmer and one of those 'Hoppy' things

Thanks for the reply Mick.
How can we obtain the new book?

Dave

Dave, we are still working on it but it will be published in the very near future, through the Pre-War Austin Seven Club. Graham Beckett handles sales. When it becomes available there will be an announcement, so hang fire ...

There may be a few copies of the first edition available still through the club.

Mick,

Firstly- thanks to you and Peter for your excellent book.

I have a couple of questions- for us pensioners are you going to provide an addendum to the first issue sometime down the track?

Secondly- I have just been given a few late 70's copies of the 'Newsletter of the Austin Seven Sports Register' written by the then editor Miles Shepherd (Major).

In this newsletter he researched and wrote some interesting articles called 'Sporting Cars and Characters', which included in 1978 'No 4 The Grasshopper' - I can't see a reference to this article in the first edition of your book?

Tony.

Hello Tony,
I've just got back from a visit to the Beaulieu Motor Museum research centre with Peter Hornby, collecting further information to include in the second edition - so work is still in progress. Our primary concern is to complete this in time for publication and launch some time in the near future, although we are still chasing up a few leads. We hadn't considered producing an addendum until now - but it is a good suggestion.

Peter passed on a type-written copy of the articles you refer to, and although of great interest we didn't knowingly refer to them when producing the first edition . I've just re-read them. We were motivated to produce the book originally because there had been conflicting details presented by various contributors in the past and we wanted to sort these out before it became too late. We'd like to think we've succeeded in this and not added to any confusion, hence the need to produce a second edition as things have come to light since that first publication.

Thanks for the contribution Tony - we welcome any future input that will help preserve an accurate history of the cars.