Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Stanley Edge notebook...

Hi Ruairidh , That is Brilliant thanks for shareing.

Brilliant. Thanks R.

Fascinating. Thanks Ruairidh. Do tell us more about the book and how you have these.

Thank you Ruairidh,
It is totally fascinating.
Steve V.

Ruairidh,

What a stunning document! Thank you for making it available.

PS Interesting to glean from the obituary that Edge left Austin so soon after the Seven was launched.

That is superb Ruairidh, thanks for posting the link. Uncle Stanley certainly knew his onions!

Thanks R for making Stanley's complete book available to all. Many years ago when given the ok to copy the book I didn't write down every page, only what I thought was of interest to me, so I never offered to pass on the info at a later date. For those who don't know, Stanley told me that there were three copies of each page in the numbered book, one went to the area in the factory concerned with making the part, one went to the Patent attorney in Wolverhampton (Herbert was obsessed with patenting everything, including perhaps some that were the original idea of others & not previously patented!) and the third remained in Stanley's book. I'm sure that, now even more, readers will realise what a brilliant pair the two were. And, Andrew F - you may not know that Stanley returned to the Company for awhile, from memory in 1925. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Nicely done, Ruairidh..

Facinating and superb, Thank You R. Interesting there are 42 head studs; a set for each of the prototype engines perhaps.

Brilliant job Ruairidh.

Very interesting early history.

The 1/2" spherical 'Front Brake Rope End' on page 27 could indicate the front brake shoe levers originally had a ball socket end.

And where and why were the 'Brake Cable Guide Plates' page 48 fitted?

Tony.