Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 23rd June in or out

I am also of the opinion that this has no place here. Given that we're going to be bombarded with it all for the next 4 months I really don't want it obscuring stuff I actually like to get involved with in order to get away from stuff like politics.

The only political discussion on the Forum should be why your Seven leans to either the left or the right.
The wonderful Nicholson book on the Austin 7 recommends keeping to the middle of the road!

I feel that it should be a definite NO, no talking about it. Even this is TOO MUCH

Ian here here !!!!
I'm still out

In Australia we don't really give a ****

Tony.

WOW- D*MN is a bad word ?

Jason,

I sincerely trust that you got the message- any discussion about 23rd June is definitely 'out' on The Austin Seven (note the name- as part of the mgmt you might have seen it ) forum.

Tony.

So perhaps we should request this thread is deleted or locked to prevent it continuing (even as I am doing now). Mark my words, it *will* get out of hands and potentially friendships will be lost (even those only on a forum basis) and we will all regret it.

Hugh

Just to avoid any doubt or misunderstanding re my earlier post I totally agree that discussion re politics etc is NOT relevant to this forum. Perhaps my original post could have been worded more directly in the first place. I will say no more.

Politics in general, religion and subjects that encourage prejudice should be kept out of this forum. However, since the question has been raised and the result of the referendum will certainly have an effect on the future of classic and historic vehicle ownership, there’s no reason why a focused and thoughtful debate should be stifled. A careful re-reading of The Charter of Turin might provoke some considered comments?

I've read the glossary of terms included but cannot see the charter.
The terms seem reasonable at first glance but without a direct experience of their application who knows what some jobsworth may say.
The steam and sail boys haven't made a noticeable fuss as far as I'm aware.
Where might the Charter be found?

http://www.fiva.org

It's all there; The Charter (which appears innocuous enough) but more importantly, FIVA's definitions which, when applied to The Charter, could constitute the sting in the tail.

Ian McGowan
It must be admitted that the Friends Austin 7 Forum is somewhat undisciplined BUT, I think that the absolute NO - NOs have to be discussions about politics, religion, racism and anything detrimental to the reputation of specific ladies.

Ian Mc.

What discrimination! Never mind ladies, what about the reputation of men? Or even women?

Nothing like chucking hand grenade in the room
Woke everyone up didn it !

HHHAAA
I'm still out tho

So, as mgmt., you are sanctioning any sort of discussion on The Austin Seven Friends Forum.

Roll on the religious and other tirades

Ha! Ha!

Tony.

Mgmt?

Mgmt = (the ASF Forum) management - Jason being such.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

I am amazed, yet somehow not, that Jason put this on the forum.

His first post was straightforward enough, so I consider it to have been a legitimate question. But why?

Later claims that it was purely to stir things up are not really believeable. Most reactions have said it already - To remain friends we do not need political or religious articles on this site.

Now Jason, lock the thread. Mac would have done. It's going nowhere positive.

Jason - I for one of very very many am surprised and disappointed that you would instigate the posting that you did. Be assured that I'm not the Lone Ranger when I sincerely request you scrub it off completely. Thanks in anticipation. Cheers, Bill in Oz

Vote BREXIT and the SA7C will soon be in another country!
This might just happen...plus Cameron will need to resign?

Bill G

I don't agree we should get into politics here but this the biggest decision that the UK will have to make in at least 40 years,and the repercussions from it will make history.

If Jason is the Forum management , who is the Forum Moderator ( censor ) ?? ; Or is he both Judge and Jury ?

Merv

I appreciate the importance of the decision but come here to avoid all that stuff. I am already suffering from severe LKFS (Laura Kunnsberg Fatigue Syndrome) and by the time we get to June it may have become terminal.

The EU has never been the same since the moment Australia was permitted to join the Eurovision song contest...let's blame them, don't let 'em sit there in the sun thinking they are immune to all this suffering!

Merv
If Jason is the Forum management , who is the Forum Moderator ( censor ) ?? ; Or is he both Judge and Jury ?

Merv

Out of interest, how is this Forum run and by whom? I probably should know, having been using it for quite a long time, but I'm ashamed to say that I haven't the faintest idea.

Martin,
If I remember rightly it is, or was, run jointly by Jason and Mac Bonnar, I have to say I haven't heard from Mac for a long time, I know he was a bit poorly a while back, does any one know how he is?

Michael Herridge
I appreciate the importance of the decision but come here to avoid all that stuff. I am already suffering from severe LKFS (Laura Kunnsberg Fatigue Syndrome) and by the time we get to June it may have become terminal.

The EU has never been the same since the moment Australia was permitted to join the Eurovision song contest...let's blame them, don't let 'em sit there in the sun thinking they are immune to all this suffering!

Hi Michael,

Good to see your sense of humour isn't failing you

Tony

The subject is relevant to old cars and has influence outside the UK. Our law is worded to require consideration of overseas practice.To suit business lobbies (ie trucking, inspection, import industries), and to satisfy the AA, which panders to the majority membership, authorities here pick and choose from overseas motoring legislation There is a huge section of the public opposed to slow old vehicles, so any draconian anti old car rules in UK arising from the Continent, are likely to be seized upon as a precedent here.

John Raeburn
Martin,
If I remember rightly it is, or was, run jointly by Jason and Mac Bonnar, I have to say I haven't heard from Mac for a long time, I know he was a bit poorly a while back, does any one know how he is?

Unfortunately Mac is not at all well and is unable now to moderate on this Forum. I was under the impression that Austin Harris had taken over Mac's position but maybe I am wrong?
If I am wrong, perhaps Austin would consider taking over the task?

Tony
Michael Herridge

Hi Michael,

Good to see your sense of humour isn't failing you

Tony

Well, I wouldn't want them down there to feel left out of the fun.

Actually I shouldn't have posted at all. Don't want to encourage this thread to have a life...but...in an attempt to keep the thread relevant to A7s, could you fit Boris in the back of a swb box saloon?

Reg Wight
John Raeburn
Martin,

Unfortunately Mac is not at all well and is unable now to moderate on this Forum. I was under the impression that Austin Harris had taken over Mac's position but maybe I am wrong?
If I am wrong, perhaps Austin would consider taking over the task?

I was for a while but it was then decided that I wan't the right person for the job.

Austin, Dixi, Rosengart, Bantam, Friends from all over the world, long may it continue.