Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: DVLA New Rules which are going to affect us all

Classic Cars March-April 2017
DVLA Gives thumbs up to reproduction bodies
The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs FBHVC and the DVLA have reached an understanding over age related registrations for rebodied classics.
The agency accepts that original bodies may properly be replaced on an existing chassis as they deteriorate over time. The (Registration) application should demonstrate that the replacement body is on that could have been placed on it from the outset or is of a style associated with the marque.

Now I have to add a special to the list of things to be done, the parts have been sitting there for some time.

Liam McDermott
Liam McDermott
Liam McDermott
A friend who received a letter from DVLA in July regarding his Historic registration on his 1930 A7 which he registered with DVLA two years ago. Has just received a letter from DVLA.
Thank you for your letter of 29 August about vehicle registration number …..
I apologise for the delay in my reply.
This letter is to let you know that DVLA are continuing to look at your case, however I will write to you again soon with a full response.
Unquote
Stephen Voller
Dec 13, 2015 - 2:43PM
Quote Reply Re: DVLA New Rules which are going to affect us all
Is your friend trying to get the cars original number officially reissued to his vehicle or trying to get a new age related number allocated ?
Certainly seems to be a lengthy process, I dread to think how many vehicles currently involved and that's without those of us still waiting to register.
Steve V

My friend just received a letter from DVLA requesting him to make an appointment with SGS for the car to be examined.
A good start I think. but took a year to get this letter.
Liam

Since the examination We heard nothing from DVLA. This morning received a letter from DVLA (it must be the decision) It was not, it was a reminder to get the vehicle to be taxed for a further year.
My friend is still in limbo he can use the car but he can still receive a letter from DVLA at any moment cancelling the V5c.
WHAT A MESS

I have the same problem have heard nothing from DVLA. I can tax it etc with no problem. Does this mean no action going too be taken? In the original letter 2 years ago they stated that I cannot sell the car as they will not issue a new V5c to the new owner.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10