Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FBHVC Survey

The DVLA should all ready know who owns what, but by putting a price on whats out there the powers that be can see it is a multi million pound operation and not just a few people with old polluting cars that need to be taken of the roads.

Douglas
Where does the survey originate from as they ask value of car and your postcode and security, may be part of the survey but useful info to nick cars. Also not mentioned on the FBHC website.

The survey accepted just the first half of my postcode, so any internet "ne'er do well" will have a fair bit of searching to do amongst a thousand or so houses to find where my cars live. Personally, I'm rather more worried about "our travelling friends" passing by on the road who can see the cars on my driveway when I'm going out/coming back from a run.

Phil,
Exactly the reasons why I filled it in. Slow progress if any with FBHVC/DVLA. According to FBHVC Jan newsletter the next meeting with them and DVLA is next month.
Dave.

Nigel was in Brittany
Stephen
Austin Seven specials/sports/racers

Yes Dave - I had similar thoughts!

Thanks Nigel, have filled it in - belatedly discovered you can submit with just the first part of post code :)

There is an article in the Hereford re the survey and how important the FBHVC belive the survey is, seams to make sense, But not sure why it is not on their web site or more formally issued to people with historic cars. Still completed the survey.