Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paint in a spray can

I apologise for asking when I am sure this information has been previously posted, however my use of the 'Search' button has not been productive.

I am repainting parts of several cars and want to buy cans of spray paint (it could be cellulose or enamel) in various colours. I have tried locally and although it is available it is either very expensive or the choice of colours is limited.

I seem to remember a company being mentioned who would supply paint, mail order. I would be grateful for your assistance thanks. An alternative would be a supplier in Oxon, Bucks, Berks, Northants, Warks for instance.

Thanks for reading

Re: Paint in a spray can

Jack
Automotive paint supplies in Newbury will match colours and supply in aresoles. I have used them on several occasions.

Nu-agane in Bedford mix and fill aerosol cans to pretty well any colour. I have used them for car paint codes, BSI and RAL colours and they do mail order. Give them a ring and see if they can help, their number is 01234 355990.

Derek Sheldon
Jack
Automotive paint supplies in Newbury will match colours and supply in aresoles.

Yikes sounds painful. I'll stick with spray cans....

Paul Webb
Nu-agane in Bedford mix and fill aerosol cans to pretty well any colour. I have used them for car paint codes, BSI and RAL colours and they do mail order. Give them a ring and see if they can help, their number is 01234 355990.

I live in Bedford and have used Nu-agane on occasion, found them to be helpful if a little pricey.
This company have been recommended on another forum, although I've no experience of them: http://www.carpaintrepair.co.uk/index.html

Most larger Halfords will mix paints to a code. Either a touch-up bottle or aerosol. The paint is acrylic which is soluble in petrol. I seal it with a coat of petrol proof laquer.

Derek Sheldon
Jack
Automotive paint supplies in Newbury will match colours and supply in aresoles. I have used them on several occasions.

This may hurt a little

David
Derek Sheldon
Jack

This may hurt a little

I understand what you mean David! What I don't is what Automotives do supply indeed?

Ok. A typo, There appears to be a few aresoles on this site. If spelling and diction were a prerequisite to use this site there would be few posts.
By the way the word is ARSEHOLES, arseholes!.

Thank you all for your replies, useful and amusing alike. It reminds me of the man who went into a Scandawegan Chemist Shop and asked for deodorant.............., but enough we will have "Da Management police" down on us any minute now.

Thank you for the splendid leads, I will follow up

Regards Jack

Oxford Jack
Thank you all for your replies, useful and amusing alike. It reminds me of the man who went into a Scandawegan Chemist Shop and asked for deodorant.............., but enough we will have "Da Management police" down on us any minute now.

Thank you for the splendid leads, I will follow up

Regards Jack

Well I followed through, ... no thats not right! I called Newbury and what a splendid service. Paint mixed to any colour either special or standard model £9:78 a 400ml can (enough to do a modern wing) black, silver, white or wheel colour £5:00 in 500ml can, inc.VAT. They offered to drop it off at a local body shop where they deliver daily. about 4 miles away, free. That about half what I was quoted in Oxford, result. Thanks again to all who replied.

Not so much of a aerosol now. Well done Jack glad you got what was required even with spelling mistakes