Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Leaking Needle valve

Bruce, you can obtain one of these from Rimmer Bros Triumph and Austin Rover stockists telephone 01522 412 500 - I know because I bought one today as Burlens have no stock! They sold all 40 off to Rimmer Bros yesterday!!

Bryan,
Thanks for your advise
Regards : Bruce

Hiya.

I'm also looking for the said needle valve. I just spoke to Rimmer Brothers & they have no idea what part it is. They reckon it must be the same as on a triumph stromberg & will only have it as one of their part numbers.
Do you know what part number you ordered from them?

Regards Ed

They say things happen in threes , well Harry and Ed , I just made it into third place.
My VA 26 started pouring fuel out of the breather vent as I was checking "Annie" over for tomorrows Drive it day. I stripped the carb and tested the needle valve but all seemed ok. Connecting the body to the fuel supply in an inverted state, it allowed me to watch where the leakage was occurring. With the needle valve closed by light finger pressure I found the fuel was by-passing the valve and leaking passed the sealing washer.Right thought I , replace the washer. Still leaking. I tinned the washer and voila sealed.Whilst the iron was hot as it were I tinned the worn float top where the needle valve sits , this should help as I felt the float level was always a bit high.