Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Restoration Of My 1937 Ruby

Hi
It is strange how the cars all seem to go in different places - my Ruby had significant rot but the front of the scuttle by the bonnet was fine, though the rear spare wheel well had almost completely disappeared - and I have seen many other cars over the years, all differently afflicted.

Good to see the metal being put back in like that.
Regards
Colin

CDawson
Hi I have completed a complete rebuild of a 36' Ruby . I can across many problems like you are experiencing. If you give me a ring , I may be able to assist. I also have paper patterns for internal panels and roof linings which I can lend to you if required .

Thanks for the offer. I'm a bit further through the restoration than this. I'll keep posting to catch up. You may see something I need or missing

Derek Sheldon
When 30 years ago doing this procedure money was to say the least tight I found that the front valance from a Lada worked perfectly as a donor good quality thick steel. A good part of that Lada went into my Ruby restoration.

'If it works then use it' I say. Them Russians used proper steel back then. After this Ruby I've got a old Moskvich I'll be doing next

Colin Morgan
Hi
It is strange how the cars all seem to go in different places - my Ruby had significant rot but the front of the scuttle by the bonnet was fine, though the rear spare wheel well had almost completely disappeared - and I have seen many other cars over the years, all differently afflicted.

Good to see the metal being put back in like that.
Regards
Colin

This car has had some bad repairs on it. Wait till I get to the boot/spare wheel area. Quite shocking !!!

Great work Ady, the rear arches always go there, but I've never seen a scuttle go along the front edge like that.
Smashin' this is an inspiration to all of us!

Ivor Hawkins
Great work Ady, the rear arches always go there, but I've never seen a scuttle go along the front edge like that.
Smashin' this is an inspiration to all of us!

Thanks. The scuttle was quite bad.