Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: RN on ebay

It seems a pity but it is worth remembering that every special or ulster/cup/Brooklands rep built on an original chassis represents the demise of another car that was probably uneconomical to restore at the time. This is why RKs and Top Hats are now rare. It is still the case that if you want a RP/RN/Ruby project there are still plenty out there, if you don't fancy a full rebuild, it makes more sense to buy one that has been done, it will be so for a good while yet. W

Noticed in his other items, are a set of leather uphaulstry.

We made those for the car, here at 7 county Austins a few years ago.

Shame they will never go in the car they were ment for.

Although its good to see his high praise for our hard work.

Tony.

& notice the chassis has just reappeared on eBay ~£500 more than was paid for it 3 days ago.

Must admit I did think about buying it previously to put all the bits from my currently dismantled 2nd project onto to avoid having to get my '35 chassis, with girling front and rear axles, newly rebuilt 3-bearing engine and 4sp gearbox etc to a point where I could sell and not lose hideous amounts of money selling bits individually...

David

Dave don't be fooled.

This chassis sold for £980.00

The new seller name selling it is also selling the seats etc the previous seller was asking £300 to £450 a pair. And couldn't sell.

In other words the two seller names are the same person.

He may have even used a third ebay name to buy them, from the item result.

I take it that means he faulsly bid his own item up to £980 and bought it himself because he didn't get enough money for it.

Wheather he will pay the 10% sellers fees. Or try to claim them back as an unpaid item? Take your own guess.

and make your own decisions on this seller.

Tony

This would help explain why the handbrake cover panel went for £52:01p. Perhaps the seller thinks we have just climbed down off the top of the xmas tree.

The more people who know about this kind of thing the better (and what better place to publicise than this forum).

Caveat Emptor indeed...

I won;t buy it at that price! though even outside of people such as those I have seen prices climbing recently across the board (even for some surplus spares I have sold).

the buyer is very dodgy and I hate seeing restorable cars broken. Both of my specials have come from what my wife has termed 'collections of rust sticks'.

Just really frustrated with all this DVLA b******* at the moment which is stopping perfectly legal cars going back on the road. Without the special business one would suspect there isn't nearly the volume of trade sufficient to keep all of our cherished suppliers in business.

David