Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
David Wilkinson

Does anybody here know David Wilkinson of Coulsden, Surrey?

He has advertised for spares in the A7 world.

I am getting no response by phone or email despite leaving messages.

Chris.

Re: David Wilkinson

have you got the southernsevens@iclou.... email address?

Hi Jon,

Yes. I should have clarified that.

He told me in April that he had problems with his tablet and receiving emails was tricky. This was by phone obviously 01737 559240.

I am keen to trace him having paid a fair sum up front for items that have not been received to date, and now no response. Hopefully there is an explanation and he has not run off with my cash.

Chris

It may be worth checking to see if he will be at the PWA7C Wollaton Park (Nottingham) on Sunday 5th June. Unfortunately no list of stallholders, but he was there last year.

Peter

It might be worth trying the number between 12-1pm as I spoke to him a few weeks ago and said he's typically out the house either side of that time so is unlikely to hear it ringing.

Also I think I remember him saying he was at an event in Nottingham around this time so may have been preoccupied.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, David

spoke to david monday, i understand he is not standing woolaton this year.

dont forget two weeks ago was spring beaulieu, and he would have been busy for the run up and after the event.

as dave is like many of us as sole traders. he may be behind on jobs he has to do. (only one set of hands and all that sort of thing).

keep calling him, he will have to come indoors for a cup of tea at some point in the day

tony

I was at the spring auto jumble @beaulieu and spoke to Dave for a while. He did mention that he had a lot on and was "rushed".. I know he also does have fairly frequent medical appts which obviously take time, although he did look well at the event.. I've never had any luck with emails and found calling either before 9am or at lunch time the best method... Keep trying, he'll hear the phone at some point..

I tried him again earlier this evening when I got home from work - he answered.

He sounded rough and explained that he has been quite unwell of late. He is not going to Autokarna (Wollaton, Notts) because of this.

Thanks for your help and advice. I was getting a bit worried about him, and of course starting to get concerned about having paid up front for items that havent appeared some 3 months later.

Tony, he tells me he is planning to visit you in a couple of weeks (ish) and will aim to deliver then.

I'm in regular email contact without problems...

For having heavy parts transported, maybe try Shipley.com might just speed up delivery...

gz
Matthew

Hi Chris,

Yes dave is due to come and collect some parts from me.

If I remember I'll remind him to bring your parts up here.

You are more than welcome to come over to collect.

Tony.