Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: YRe: Grumps...

So sorry - I don't know how that happened!

Re: Grumps...

Hi Ruairidh,
I agree completely with what has been said on this subject.
One thing that might help would be to ask what experience the person has as this makes a big difference in how the reply is formulated (IE) it might help to explain why something is done in a certain way.
when you have been Engineering for a long time you have the Fundamentals fixed in your Head (Alzheimers permiting)Newbys don't.
I just think this is something we should all keep in Mind when Replying to Posts

Hi Dave W

Your enquiry about mid 1930s cross shafts should be answered in the post "Brake Cross-shafts-Definitive Notes."
You will have to tolerate much by a contributor considered terminally boring by some who know it all (but seldom volunteer broad information for newbies).

Bob Culver
Hi Dave W

Your enquiry about mid 1930s cross shafts should be answered in the post "Brake Cross-shafts-Definitive Notes."
You will have to tolerate much by a contributor considered terminally boring by some who know it all (but seldom volunteer broad information for newbies).

The postscript to the initially helpful statement above is actually really good example of the broader point in case.

Dave,

a link to the the above mentioned post that may be of help to you: http://pub25.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=2099944454&frmid=5&msgid=1001597&cmd=show

YRe: Grumps...

David,
Thank you for your kind words. You explained succinctly how the cross shaft works! I will reaquaint myself with the cross shaft on my special when I return from hols, even though it will mean crawling under the car.
Dave