Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A7 Insurance

Hi
I was talking to a member of our club recently and he said that his insurance restricted the use of his car to before 9pm - so he had not been able to bring it out to the pub for the evening!
I am not sure who he was insured with, but are others aware of such restrictions being imposed?
Regards
Colin

Worth noting that if you have a trailer it needs to be separately insured. I also found out by chance that you need to specifically agree with RH (or whatever insurer) that 'recovery' includes your tow car (if they insure that too), trailer, and whatever is on the trailer.

You will also find that they will not insure a vehicle whilst it is being loaded or offloaded onto or off the trailer.

Colin Morgan
Hi
I was talking to a member of our club recently and he said that his insurance restricted the use of his car to before 9pm - so he had not been able to bring it out to the pub for the evening!
I am not sure who he was insured with, but are others aware of such restrictions being imposed?
Regards
Colin

May be worth checking. Many policies have a garaging requirement that means that the car needs to be in the garage before 10pm if it's on or near the insured location. It doesn't stop the car from being insured if being driven, or visiting somewhere outside of those hours.

FWIW, I have insured my cars with Peter S Taylor for the last 7 years and have always been entirely satisfied with cover and price.

Peter

A valuation question also arises when the car in question has a 'cherished' number plate. I am led to believe that although the owner may be allowed to retain possession of the wreck should the car become a 'write-off', the DVLA claims ownership of the registration number. Does this suggest that valuations should include the (horrible though it is) market value of the registration number.

Another good experience with Peter S Taylor, used them for at least 15 years for both modern and so called 'classic' including some 'incidents'.

Think the insurance is ultimately through Aviva. They also offer recovery for a reasonable deal.

Some think insurance brokers are, how shall we say, leeches on the white flesh of poor working people (ie akin to bankers, estate agents and recruitment consultants).

These people prove that this is not the case ( no connection etc)