Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thread Sizes

I'm sure that somewhere I have come across an article, list or chart that has all the various thread sizes and where used on the "Seven", but for the life of me I can't remember where.

I tried searching this forum and Googled it etc, but to no avail. Can anyone help?

Rick

Re: Thread Sizes

I think this is probably what you are looking for - here

Useful chart, but I thought that Lucas headlamp bolts/nuts are actually BSB rather than the BSCy stated though.

Thread count is the same for both at 26 TPI, but BSCy uses a 60° thread angle rather than BSB's Whitworth form; certainly when I've used a BSB die on gnarly threaded lamp stems it's always cleaned them up without actually doing any actual thread cutting.

Do not use 2BA for door hinge fitting. The original thread is 3/16 BSF.
If you run a 2BA tap through the captive thread in the door pillar you'll likely be left with very little metal to screw into.
Same goes for the captive threads to take the trafficactors on late RP's

Thanks gents - question answered.

Rick

Anyone know what thread is used on a Boyce motometer? I need to drill and tap my radiator cap but don't know what the thread is.. It doesn't look to be BSF...

Anyone got any ideas?

Probably an obsolete American thread. I just drill a clearance hole and fit the Boyce with fibre and plain washers and the supplied nut.
The meter needs constant re-positioning as the threads wear in the cap and rad.

Re the Boyce motometer not sure re the thread but this tie sells the nut separately so you can lock two nuts together for a secure fix.

Whilst on thread sizes does anyone know the thread / fixing on a ruby petrol tank, I want to redo my fuel pipe but not sure of the connection to the tank.

Douglas

Whilst on thread sizes does anyone know the thread / fixing on a ruby petrol tank, I want to redo my fuel pipe but not sure of the connection to the tank.

IIRC it's 1/4" BSP and uses the solder type nipples on sale like these here: http://www.thehosemaster.co.uk/soldering-nut-and-nipple
you'd need the one(s) for 1/4" diameter tube.

Stuart many thanks I had better get on and order the bits, then get under the car...