Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: le Puy-Notre-Dame

Here is a link to a youtube vide of the Cyclecars class. There are quite a few Austins, Rosengarts and specials in the mix He's cut some of the Cars Spotifs into it.
[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYHMLt9rAOQ]

Naturally I only want to see myself here at : 1.42, 2.54, 5.34, 6.46, 9.26, 10.34, 12.42, 14.08, 18.30, 20.06, 20.40, 23.25.

I was on holiday near Saumur & saw the signs to this event. What a great "do". The village (more or less) closed off; no parking charges!; no entry charges! Andouillette & Chips €4,What a great event....and some fine cars & bikes "demonstrating" round the circuit. The runs in the dark were splendid. It has been going for 20 years, do go if you get a chance.
David Harrison (soon to be an A7 owner again)

A pity we didn't meet. I agree, the evening events were more enjoyable with fewer distractions and being able to concentrate on the driving
They do seem to have the knack of organising these things in France, no crap food or overpriced drinks.
The local economy must have had a boost too with perhaps 25000 people each spending 20-30E.
Lets hope the Festival of Speed at Bromyard can follow the example...

There seems to be a problem with the forum, this is the fifth time I have typed this and each time I try to post it it vanishes

David Harrison
I was on holiday near Saumur & saw the signs to this event. What a great "do". The village (more or less) closed off; no parking charges!; no entry charges! Andouillette & Chips €4,What a great event....and some fine cars & bikes "demonstrating" round the circuit. The runs in the dark were splendid. It has been going for 20 years, do go if you get a chance.
David Harrison (soon to be an A7 owner again)

Hello David,

Just a shot in the dark, but we met a couple in Le Puy who liked old cars and saw the signs to the event and we chatted in the bar and then later outside the church (I think) where they parked their modern German sports car. Was this you?

Either way, hope to see you next year.

All the best,

Bill and Letsie

PS Bon courage on your imminent A7 ownership. I'm seeing one on Tuesday.

I don't think it was me & my grandson. We were in a B class Merc 180d...by no stretch of the imagination a sports car!
Good luck with your viewing... I will see mine when it comes out of the container from San Francisco........!
David