Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Swallow??

Great Shot

Further to the above gentlemen, the fellow on the left is Dr Roderick MacKenzie and he is also in the Riley. Maybe someone knows him?? He enlisted in the 40's and immigrated to Canada after being demobbed. Pictures taken in Scotland we believe. Don't know if my Riley ID is correct.

photo 1-Scan.bmp_zpsbqbuuzhg.jpg

The registration VJ 4239 was issued by Herefordshire County Council in approx March of 1932. Is the car not a 1932 Riley Nine Gamecock ? If so, only around 250 were produced between late 1931 and early 1933.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Jeff, you are probably correct. I was trying to identify it from Google Images.

I agree with Jeff's Gamecock id; at first I thought it was a Lynx which was the four-seater tourer, but I think the hood looks to be in front of the rear wings, which would make it the 2-seater Gamecock.

Gord would you email the info about the Riley to the Riley Register secretary - Rileyregsec@gmail.com and the bulletin editor - jg@andersonandglenn.com. For forwarding to the Register archivist who does not appear to have an email.
I feel sure the photo would be of interest for filing away with other Riley info.
Also an entry on the Riley Register website may bring more information. www.rileyregister.co.uk
The registration does not appear in the current membership list......but there are still many Rileys that are not registered.

Dennis

Done.