Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1936 Ulster spare 17'' wheel sought

Following the purchase of my blue 1936 Ulster replica, I've developed a little work package to carry out before bringing it across to France.

I'll post some photos as soon as I can get Photobucket to work with my new password, but that's another story.

In the meantime, I'm trying to source a spare wheel, as a previous owner lost it! Does anyone know of, or indeed have a spare 17'' wheel spare, in good useable condition which could be posted to Southampton? Thank you in anticipation gentlemen.

Bill

Re: 1936 Ulster spare 17'' wheel sought

17" wheels are plentiful and cheap Bill - all of the second hand Cherished Suppliers will have any number for you to choose from if nobody on here comes up trumps.

And first make sure a 17" wheel and tyre matching your rears does fit in the slot. They're not always a good fit and only go in one way round, I can't remember which way! If so a 'get you home' spare that fits may be another option?

I would have thought a call to Tony betts was in order especially as he will be at the Beaulieu Autojumble in early September which is in the Southampton area.
Regards
Stuart

Ruairidh Dunford
17" wheels are plentiful and cheap Bill - all of the second hand Cherished Suppliers will have any number for you to choose from if nobody on here comes up trumps.

17 in wheels are like everything else there are plenty out there (in rusty condition).

i have around 6, what i would call good useable wheels, most with tyres good enough to be used as spares. price £40 each.

email if you want pics, tony@contyaustins.fsnet.co.uk

i am sorting orders for beaulieu at the moment. if you want to collect from the show there is no delivery charge. (on any orders).

our stall numbers are R333 - R334.

thanks tony

I have a selection of 17" wheels, and I am happy to get one sent to Southampton, or to take it to Auxi-le-Chateau (bottom of Pas de Calais)for collection. £10 plus carriage to Southampton, or no carriage charge to Auxi. Do you need a MkI or a MkII (the centres are different). You can pay in Euros if you want.