Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Incredibly original nippy & speedy for sale

Pictures coming soon.

Re: Incredibly original nippy & speedy for sale

Tony's pictures...

photo image-68_zpsy1mg2ef3.jpg

photo image-69_zpslsyhtnac.jpg

photo image-70_zpspeoegblb.jpg

photo image-72_zpsuqyakqqj.jpg

photo image-74_zpsszglcj6c.jpg

photo image-71_zpsw3rtwnhy.jpg

photo image-73_zps6syijwkb.jpg

photo image-75_zps94dvhkoh.jpg

Who's the stud muffin reflected in the headlamp?!

photo image-76_zpsnh2z9zt3.jpg

photo image-77_zps1g9difw1.jpg

photo image-81_zpsbefofwrf.jpg

photo image-83_zpsyrxudfxs.jpg

photo image-80_zpsjwpwnzrx.jpg

photo image-82_zpswuph45zl.jpg

photo image-78_zpsvwmjwpag.jpg

interesting! has it got an original looking hood with it by any chance, for research?

And does that body number tag read 547? (from someone with 548..)

Lovely to see these things emerging. Although I see it is on the register already.

Thanks for the pics R, much apreciated.

I should have taken more pics of myself

Well I don't have many friends, but one of them has asked me if I would sell one of his cars for him,

It's such a stunner I thought I would offer it to the forum first.

Check the pics, all those rear bits that get stripped from nippys over the years are all still there including the engine.

The prescient owner bought the car I beleive in the late 1970s, " when nice original cars still came up for sale "

The chassis was restored then, the windscreen was chromed, and the gearbox stripped to be done next. The restoration didn't go any further until now. So the car has been loosely put back together.

It comes with its side screens and hood.

Not only does it have a current V5, but it also still has its original log book, and two continuation buff logbooks.

The body is very good, with a small amount of corrosion at the usual B posts.

If someone wants a very original car to restore, this one should be at the top of the list.

It is at the moment with the current owner, but I will collect it after beaulieu. And bring it home here at Huncote if anyone wants to view.

If anyone is interest you are welcome to contact me, best by email at the momment. As the phone will be turned off wile I'm getting ready for beaulieu.

Thanks Tony.

Ps, there is also a chance of an original speedy. With its pressure fed engine. In excellent restored condition coming up for sale. Same owner for last 40 years. Again if there is genuine interest contact me.

I see reference to a Speedy, but only see a Nippy(a very nice original one). Is there a Speedy too?

Erich, In the Seattle rain.

Hi erich,

I haven't put pictures of the speedy on here

The owner of the speedy bought it in the late 1970s after it was restored in the 1960s. And sadly like many of use he has had a busy life and rearly used it.

So he is thinking about selling the car.

He has spoken to other owners about prices. So I wouldn't expect it to be given away.

I mension it only to see if there would be any serious interest on the forum at this point.

As it is such a rear car, when people buy them, they usually keep them long term. Hence they don't come up for sale.

Thanks Tony.