Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: what is a genuine chummy

Is this the same car that was recently featured on facebook through the Orphan Austin group? Exciting stuff!

Yes. Not the one from near Reno NV...he was, shall I say...difficult to deal with. I forwarded that car's details to the register.
My car(s)are the "Buy one get one Free" pair from California.
Once some US title issues are sorted they will be on their way back. Hours of harmless fun to come, I'm really looking forward to dealing with the DVLA to get the original Registration Numbers back with no UK documentation.....

Toby
With so many spares around and replica early and late chummy bodies having been made what is a genuine chummy. Are there any replica chummys around

My personal definition of a genuine chummy is coming up for auction at Richard Edmonds in October. It is a 1924 AC tourer and there is a photo of it on the back cover of the latest "Automobile" magazine. Estimated at £10-12,000, I wouldn't be surprised if it made more, especially in the light of some recent results.

Lance Sheldrick
Toby
With so many spares around and replica early and late chummy bodies having been made what is a genuine chummy. Are there any replica chummys around

My personal definition of a genuine chummy is coming up for auction at Richard Edmonds in October. It is a 1924 AC tourer and there is a photo of it on the back cover of the latest "Automobile" magazine. Estimated at £10-12,000, I wouldn't be surprised if it made more, especially in the light of some recent results.

Would like to see some details on that car but the website has no catalogue or details of lots.

Austin Harris
Lance Sheldrick
Toby

Would like to see some details on that car but the website has no catalogue or details of lots.

Hi Austin,
It looks to be the car which John Barker discovered about eighteen months ago. See "Finds and Discoveries" in the Automobile magazine for April 2015
It is registered CF 5562 (West Suffolk) and had been off the road since 1943. If I didn't already have a similar car, I would be mustard keen on this one.

I have just purchased 1929 AD tourer UT 5209 . It has been with its previous owner since 1986. Has anybody got any history on this car prior to that.

What, not a Rosengart Derek?

I think that two is enough and at heart I am a Austin man

Of course, Austin never manufactured/sold any Austin 7 called a 'Chummy' so the pedant might say there's no such thing as an original one. Same applies to 'Ulster'

Steve

David
What, not a Rosengart Derek?

I think you should refer to it as a "Sociable" Derek!