Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beaulieu Autojumble 2016.

As a private seller last year I took a Passat estate full and sold nearly all of it at prices people wanted to pay ( within reason ) and came home with just over £1500 after costs,this year I only took one item to sell and sold it for £60 on Friday afternoon, we had two pitches between three of us and with fuel from Pembrokeshire, food and the stalls worked out at £120 each, so the three days has cost me £60 in cash to attend. That £60 was more than offset by the one purchase of two rear mudguards,said to have been made by Rod Yates for £30 each, we all came away happy with the weekend and we have booked the two stalls again for next year.
I would like to thank all our cherished traders for their time, effort and expense of attending the show, as we all know you could have stayed at home and just traded online, It was nice to see you all again.

And in one particular case I hope you managed to convince the Mrs that you were actually working and not just there for the camping and the beer!

I have never been to Beaulieu mainly because it's so far away, 270 miles. I would love to go but the only route is motorway unless you want to spend 8 hours on A & B roads. I had planned to go next year come what may but now I'm in two minds. It really has to be incorporated into a long weekend's holiday to make all that driving worthwhile (and I know I'd probably spend too much money as well).
Perhaps I should buy that camper van after all!

For the moment I'll stick to the internet etc. as I've found the cherished suppliers to be very helpful in general and efficient in particular.

These postings have reminded me that the discussion some time ago about financing Austinsevenfriends.com ended with a call for invoices to be sent to Cherished Suppliers,and others who wished to contribute.
I have never received any communication on this matter and would like to pay.
Has anyone else progressed this situation.

Hi all I was there as usual, I fly down from Glasgow for under £100 return and tickets are around £25 for event. I stay with friends so double bonus seeing them. I got almost all my items but mainly spent time chatting to Tony, Jamie, David, John B and many other long term Austin friends. I came for first time in 1981 and have been there for most of last 10 years.

I love it.

Charlie.

I haven't been to the Beaulieu autojumble for about three years, not for any other reason than I've been working, otherwise I would have gone, even if I didn't need anything...but I usually end up buying loads of stuff anyway!

I have to say I also use ebay as well, you occasionally come across an item in better nick than the one you have and as long as you don't have a silly sod willing to pay twice the going rate, you often get the item for a reasonable price...but you don't get the banter!

Ebay used to have a 'Looking for' section available to a possible buyer.
If someone had a part you needed they could then list it and know at least somebody was looking for that item and may probably bid on it.
That option was withdrawn a while back now.