Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: AH and AJ tourer help needed

Not in my copy, there aren't. RP saloon, yes, but no late tourer, or has a page mysteriously disappeared from my copy.

There's a good picture of The AH hood on page 23. A few glimpses of interior on other pages.

Thanks Jim, yes it's a good one of the hood. As to the interior, there is nothing I have seen or photographed which would compare with looking at and measuring the real thing eg length, position and height of door pockets.

So, over to you, AH / AJ owners. Please.

Hello,

I own a 1934 AJ tourer that was professionally restored to an original condition. Although this was a few years ago the car can be said to be in very good original condition and as I don't live very close to you I could supply you with photographs and any other info if this helps.

Cheers Chris

Thanks for the offer. Yes, Norfolk is a long way away, somewhere near Australia I think. Perhaps I can wait and see if there are any nearer candidates but if not I might list out my various questions and see where that takes us.

I may be a bit late, but I own an AH Tourer that I bought in 1966, and have owned several other AH Tourers over the years. I have various bits of original trim and seats separate from the car for use as patterns (not for sale). I can probably help with your quest.
I believe that it is now firmly established that there is no such thing as an "AJ" Tourer. Has anyone seen the body number prefixed "AJ" actually factory stamped into the transmission tunnel? I believe that "AH" covers all long-wheelbase 4 seat Tourers with rear petrol tank and 4-speed gearbox (September 1932) up to the Ruby Type Tourer Type AAK from July 1934. My "AH444" is dated Oct 1932 and has the rear vertical seams in the body. I believe later cars without seams are still "AH".

Hi
I have a late AH, which has lost its original upholstery.

Could I have copies of whatever photos result from this thread?

Being an ex-upholsterer, I might be able to help with advice or whatever.

They are a fairly rare car, I find - there was only one other at Beaulieu and I didn't get to talk to the owner.

Simon

You have problems! I was a bit narked to find that Mr Mill's (otherwise) excellent book does not seem to acknowledge that there is even such an animal as an AG tourer!
David Harrison

I would also appreciate photos of your original trim, especially door panels. Are they like an RP saloon with pockets and carpets?
You may not be that far from me - is a visit possible?