Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Pigsty Racing

Hi all.

Any comments on using Pigsty racing? - rebore, re-profiled cam and head skim to increase compression ratio.

Thanks John

Re: Pigsty Racing

Email sent John.

Always been very happy with the service

john Anderson
Hi all.

Any comments on using Pigsty racing? - rebore, re-profiled cam and head skim to increase compression ratio.

Thanks John

Frankly a head skim and rebore is standard fare for just about any decent engine shop. My local people in Suffolk rarely take more than 2 or 3 days.
Camshafts are harder and Pigsty or Paul Bonewell have good experience. Bonewell turned my cam around within a week.

Charles

Email sent

I have recently fitted the new engine to the 'Ulster'. It has a John Barlow splash fed crank, Dave Dye Ricardo head and a Pigsty 'trials' cam. It runs well and is remarkably torquey, pulling away in top from a crawl. The cam has more lift than I expected and makes the valve gear slightly noisy but it certainly does the business.

Anybody know anything about Pigsty delivery issues? They have had our cam and followers Since June. I was invoiced and paid for the cam & follower regrind in late July (1932 Austin 7).
I have been unable to get Pigsty to return the cam since. Emails and voicemails go unanswered.

Working with an overseas company, I am concerned about my parts.

Tom Rasmussen
Odyssey Restorations, Inc.

Have you got a response from them yet Tom ?

Tom Rasmussen
Anybody know anything about Pigsty delivery issues? They have had our cam and followers Since June. I was invoiced and paid for the cam & follower regrind in late July (1932 Austin 7).
I have been unable to get Pigsty to return the cam since. Emails and voicemails go unanswered.

Tom Rasmussen

Sadly this lack of communication has been reported before
Paul Bonewell also does good cams and he took about a week

Charles

Charles P
Tom Rasmussen

Tom Rasmussen

Sadly this lack of communication has been reported before
Paul Bonewell also does good cams and he took about a week

Charles

I was going to suggest Paul,I too have had a cam ground by him quickly.
One of our cherished suppliers should be able to supply a suitable cam and followers to regrind if necessary.

Hi Tom

Your Cam has been sent I will track it for you. I did send you an email.

a FOLLOW-UP:

I GOT MY CAM!

I don't want to unfairly speculate what difficulties were underway that caused this to be a frustrating experience/transaction, but want to say that Alex stepped up and sent the cam shortly after my initial post. He apologized and offered a refund for the trouble (which I declined to accept). As far as I'm concerned, all is forgotten and I am pleased with the workmanship and cost.

I find it best to work with vendors in person and/or with folks I have met face to face, as this way difficulties and potential misunderstandings are greatly minimized. But this cannot always happen.

Thanks for the support -

Tom Rasmussen

Thomas Rasmussen
a FOLLOW-UP:

I GOT MY CAM!

I don't want to unfairly speculate what difficulties were underway that caused this to be a frustrating experience/transaction, but want to say that Alex stepped up and sent the cam shortly after my initial post. He apologized and offered a refund for the trouble (which I declined to accept). As far as I'm concerned, all is forgotten and I am pleased with the workmanship and cost.

I find it best to work with vendors in person and/or with folks I have met face to face, as this way difficulties and potential misunderstandings are greatly minimized. But this cannot always happen.

Thanks for the support -

Tom Rasmussen

Rather difficult Thomas when the atlantic ocean is in the way ! The English channel is bad enough.