Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin 7 Cabriolet Mk1 - Reg CXC 108

Hi
Just came across this forum after thinking about my father and his love for his old Austin 7 Cabriolet and we as kids enjoyed riding in it.
He bought it from new in 1936 and eventually sold it some time in the 60's.
I see it is still on the register, however, the colour has been changed to blue - the original colour was red with black mudguards.
Just wondering how the old girl was going.

Re: Austin 7 Cabriolet Mk1 - Reg CXC 108

As you say it's shown on the Chassis Register though I'm not sure what the Notes: "2014-Apr - Data Conf from GB/RO,/" actually mean.

The registration CXC 108 however is not known to mycarcheck nor the DVLA database - which begs the question is the car in long term storage - i.e. has it been off the road since before the introduction of the DVLA computer database in the late 1970's / early 1980's. Had it been taxed since the introduction of SORN on 31st January 1998 then if should be on the DVLA database as either taxed or SORN'd - it isn't

The good news is it appears to be still out there - hopefully someone on the forum may know of its whereabouts.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

Steve and Jeff - I haven't looked at the website, but to add further, the Assocn. Booklets show it as chassis 241904, engine 243001, first reg'd 16/4/36, but colour Yellow! Any advance bids with other colours? Cheers, Bill in Oz

Yes Bill, they're the same chassis / engine / first reg'd details shown on the latest C.R. webpage. As I mention above, I'm not sure who or what GB/RO,/ is that confirmed the cars existence to the A7CA Register back in April 2014. As Steve mentioned, the car is now described as Blue.

Jeff.

Location: Almost but not quite, the far North East of England

The mysterious GB/RO codes refer to Graham Baldock and yours truly. When Jim Blacklock was compiling the register he got hold of a list of Mk 1 Pearls through Graham I think which was one I had been compiling since the 1980s. I think Jim's references refer to the fact that his entry is in agreement with that list. My list was taken from various sources but this particular entry is I think from an old Association chassis register, listed as yellow, but I'm afraid I have no further information on this car and I have never seen it.