Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ulster Body Build

I thought you may be interested in the attached pictures, Joss Cambell and myself have recently started a project within our local Austin club to produce accurate Ulster body's. We hold fortnightly workshops where members come along and we teach the skills required, the finished body will then be united with a chassis that will be built in another set of classes. photo DSC06128_zpst9ghwbsu.jpg photo DSC06127_zps9a94felr.jpg photo DSC06126_zpsittk5bb8.jpg

Re: Ulster Body Build

Very nice! Keep the pictures coming.. Will be good to follow the builds..

ian,

we need you over here.

tony.

Ian.
Forgive me for asking what may actually be a dumb question, but, where did you get the dimensions from? Are there accurate 'Ulster' plans other than the rather faded photocopies of the 1930s blueprints? I've not found any of those in good enough condition to work from.
Sorry if this has been asked before.
Rob

The answer Rob is LOTS and LOTS of homework, measuring, scaling and the kindness of one or two friends who confirmed various dimensions for us. We are both self taught, ( well I lie slightly as Joss has taught me a few things I did not know ), but the point is It is surprising what can be achieved if you give it a go.

I quite agree!

Thanks for letting me know. I wish I had made my floor in Zintec steel rather than ply, but I didn't know any better at the time.

Rob

Excellent work Ian - most impressive. More power to your elbow.