Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Inflatable Seat Cushions

Robert Leigh
The only modern replacements I have seen were not made with two seperate chambers, so they can never be so good.

As I understand are 2 designs available from Duratank (Formerly Hovercraft solutions) one that is a button type (one tank with top and bottom faces welded with a dots to form chambers) this is a cheaper solution, but they also do the original specification ones which are made with 2 sections independently inflatable as you say, I think that these are the ones that Bryan Purves stocks.

Like Erich, I had mine built by Bryan Purvis. They are two separate chambers and he also made the leather covers.
Unbelievably comfortable. Certainly not cheap but you do get what you pay for!
David B.

Well, a 26" bike tube definitely provides enough length when folded in to 4, from trials with a standard mtb one. The 17 or 19" car tube does not, and is too thick in feel.

So have decided £13 for two is well spent to deciding whether the new 4" 'fat' ones have enough width/depth when semi-inflated. (its no good if you pump them all the way)

watch this space.

first results good. with some foam support around, they are strong yet pliable and cover the right floor area.
Just need to get the joining method right. Presently ziptieing in two places, but wonder whether one could use silicone sealant, or else just some cut up inner tubes to make the links without creating kinks.

this sort of thing, should you be contemplating...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nutrak-26-Fat-Bike-Cycle-Inner-Tube-Presta-26-x-4-0-4-3-Multi-Buy-Saving-/182187317902?var=&hash=item2a6b35da8e:m:m3dra0Ei3DW3S8tILeRv19g

Sorry Jon, the pictures of card boxes doesn't help!

Duct Tape maybe? But wonder if you could glue wide strips of inner tube with puncture repair adhesive to bind them, this would stretch and give with the tube, provided the adhesive was strong enough. Perhaps experiment with an old tube first!

I can recommend self bonding repair tape for this job - it stretches.

One has appeared on sBay, item 272439134817

I also have hovercraft seat cushions in my Ulster. But they are not as comfortable as original ones in my chummy.