Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Patrick Stephens Stoneham Special GMA 219

Yes please, I would love to see some more pictures of GMA 219, I first read Building and racing my 750 around 1959 aged 6 a copy a friend of my farther lent me,In fact it was the first book that I ever bought for myself, GMA 219 left a lasting impression on me, 47 years later I got hold of a rolling chassis and V5 to build my own special,and 10 years on I have now actually started work on it.

I found the book in the library at tech college when I was 18.I can see why it inspired many special builders of the time.It was a far better book than Haynes's.

The start point of the special was a Supercharged Ulster, the engine was naturally aspirated with the original inlet manifold from the Cozette to the block, fitted inverted, with a downdraught carburettor. The crankcase of the Stoneham Special engine remains in active use.

I also found the book in local my library when still at school, with me too it left a lasting impression and after I had learnt to drive started a life long obsession. Stuart will probably know, but I believe the engine is now in a Ulster, I have no idea what happened to the chassis.