Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
1933 works team

While running errands in the RP this morning I was approached by a gent who showed the usual interest in the car.

When I told him that it dated from 1933, he replied that his grandfather, Tom(?)Moore had been a mechanic with the Works racing team that year. Does the name ring any bells?

He has a large number of un-published photos of the pits at Brooklands and elsewhere, as well as a letter signed by Sir Herbert that had accompanied a cheque for five guineas, in recognition of a successful season.

Unfortunately, I didn't get his details, but I did tell him how to contact the A7CA, which he seemed keen to do. Hopefully some interesting material may come to light...............??

Re: 1933 works team

Wearing my Archive Project hat (admittedly, at a jaunty angle), I do hope he gets in touch! If you see him again, Martin, do get a name and address!

Hugh

Re: 1933 wor

Hi Martin I wonder if this might be the same person who worked in the competition dept that lived on Brinsley common
Bromyard,he used to supply local Ulster owners with spares,in the 40s I have old photo of three local Ulsters, will have to dig them out,
Andrew

Re: 1933 wor

Martin,
Hopefully the gent will be in touch with ourselves.
In Beatrice's book, a Jimmy Moore is listed as a " Competition Dept. mechanic "

Chris
A7CA Archive Project