Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lucas DW3 6v Wiper Motor on 12v

I have a 1950 Citroen 11BL that was 6v now 12v. I initially put a resistor in series with the positive feed to the wiper motor, this worked however as the resistor heated up so did the wiper speed. Now I have a little voltage regulator box I bought very cheaply on Ebay and it runs very well and at the right speed. If you need more info I can dig up more detail.

Thank you one and all for your input and advice. I think that I will stick with the 6v unit unless I stumble across a suitable 12v unit. After all, I don't intend going out in the rain much, at least until I can get a hood sorted out!!

Tony,I converted to 12v several years ago and my DW3 is still operating OK, albeit running at double speed. I must say that I don't use it that often as although I don't worry about getting wet I find that using RainEx is usually better than a smeared windscreen. If interested, (eBay item number:121500863042 ).