Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Austin Ruby ARR Mk2 - Lifting Points

I have no pit or ramp so access to the vehicle underside must be gained by trolley jack & axle stands.
As I am relatively new to A7's can anyone advise me if using this equipment is suitable & if so where the jack & stands should be located.
Thank you.

Re: Austin Ruby ARR Mk2 - Lifting Points

I've always placed the trolley jack bang in the centre of the front axle with a block of wood to spread the load a tad and put the axle stands in close to where the shock absorber mounts are and haven't bent an axle yet!

I put the trolley jack straight under the diff (with a black off wood to avoid damage) and axle stands each side, job done.

Thank you Ivor.

Do you leave the jack in situ?

I must admit that I use a block of wood, otherwise, entirely agree with Ivor.

No I never leave the jack in situ, I use Blackhawk 6 ton axle stands, so no chance of them collapsing!

It also means I have free access to slide underneath the car and reach everything I need...it's a great way to set up the brakes accurately as well, with someone in the car, applying the foot brake and hand brake.