Welcome to the Austin Seven Friends web site and forum

As announced earlier, this forum with it's respective web address will go offline within the next days!
Please follow the link to our new forum

http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/forum

and make sure, you readjust your link button to the new address!

Welcome Austin seven Friends
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Trailing (not trialling!) a seven

Hi All, When loading a single axel trailer should have 10% load on the tow ball and a duel axel 5% hope that helps

Thanks again.
The next one is an AG tourer with the remains of the hood & (I think) not much glass in the screen! So that will have as much removed as possible & will have to take it's chance with the weather!
I'm using a single axle trailer with a max nose weight of 100kg, so no problem there....but how DO you measure the nose weight? I have seen caravanners with fancy electronic devices, but is there a "rule of thumb?" I was planning to put the Seven about 2/3 the way along the trailer & see how it feels! (trailer 400kg, Seven 425kg, ...should work!)

Just looked on that fount of all stuff...Fleabay....there are lots available and a very simple gauge costs about £8 delivered!(or over £100 if you want!)

The deck of my trailer has multiple holes for strap hooks and I have a set of straps specially made that lets me fasten my Sevens down as in the photo. I've towed my cars many, many thousands of miles both in the UK and in France with this set up and never had any sort of a problem at all. Important to load the car with the weight slightly forward as others have said.

Steve

A set of bathroom scales and a block of wood under the hitch will give you a close idea of the nose weight. Another guide is that if you can't pick the hitch up with one hand then it's too heavy.